Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sydrail sucks

I got an sms from james did i wanna go into town for Bavarian Beer. Well why not eh. Sure it would write off the entire day but it would be nice. And hey, its only a few stations on the train from my place, and the station is but metres from my door.
Track work. I always thought, poor bastards, as i drove past the station & seen people lined up outside waiting for teh rail bus cos of the bloody trackwork.
Hey - today it was me.
I got on & said, i don't have a ticket. He said some mumble. I said can i buy a ticket when i get there. Mumble. OK then let's see if i get booked.. He drove lke a kamikaze, going places buses ain't sposed to go, to be able to stop at each station on the way. When we get to Central someone told him he was a bad driver. I thought that a bit mean & he told them to fuck off.
He drove ok. We took corners on 2 wheels sometimes but that could have just been the bus.
Anyhow free ride.. nobody give a crap when we get there.

Beer was nice. Expensive, was it ever. But nice. After 1 beer i made poor james walk all the way to town hall so i could buy a mini tripod for the tassie adventure next week, and i was looking for an Ultrapod 2 but ended up with the "FUN" tripod: Ultrapod Mini... it is to real tripod what anodised blue shuffle is to real ipod.

After more beer n some food walked down the quay to see the big cruise liner there, Millenium it said on the front. It not as big as the queen mary. i saw the QM come in at dawn a few yr ago. now that was a biggun.

On the bloody long bus rde on the way home i put on my new eyeglasses to see how that was. I wore them all the walk home then & when i watched tv at home. I could see clearer. But when walking across roads or down stairs things were not the right distance away & not the right angle either. Stairs were weird they were not flat they had an angle like you could slide down em. Crossin busy rds was a bit stupid really it was not the moment to try out yr new glasses. Survived but didn't feel like a good way to do it. is this what i got now, unreality comin in thru the peepers, bugga.

No comments:

Post a Comment