Monday, March 9, 2009

Beergoggles

I have some new glasses, eye type. These ones i'm sposed to wear all the time not just for reading. They are a bit disappointing cos i was hoping they would stop my left eye from being so fuzzy, and that i'd see loads more things than before. But they don't do either. Think i need a 2nd opinion on why i can't see so good with that eye. Its very annoying. Anyway i got a fright with these cos i put them on to look at the big feller & it suddenly looked crooked like it might fall over. But it was just the stupid glasses eh. I did the CheepSpecs version i picked the frames that gave me the biggest bits of glass & not care what they look like. I hate those skinny square glasses they are pushing nowadays, they'd be like looking thru a tiny slot. I ended up with a frilly edge round the ear pieces that was a bit peculiar but WTF cares really. I just wanna see. Anyway things are a bit clearer but of course I don't suddenly understand the things i didn't before, i don't see more things than were there before or had any particular epiphany really. So i feel a bit peeved now & glad i didn't spend 400 bucks like is the average price for trendy glasses. So no new visions that enhance my life, I guess shit eyes are just what you get when you get old. By my age i should have reproduced anyway & the kid would be grown up & thats all you're supposed to last for anyways. After that you just get more & more likely to get eaten by a tiger or something. Every little misability tips you closer to that moment when you don't see the grass move in time.
Anyways i'm getting off topic a bt. I'm still here & if i can manage to continue to cross sydenham rd without being killed that is the most dangerous thing i do.

The big feller is creeping closer to being a it more human, still. What a big job it is to make such a big dude. Now stuck on making folds in the clothing. I think i need to just sit down & do folds for a day. I have the footy jumper they sent me so I should be able to just set it up a bit like in the subject photo & do a clay sketch.

Got some new stuff from the moulding shop, its for rotational moulding. What is that u ask. Well its when u pour some liquid plastic in your mould & then spin it so the liquid makes a thin shell inside there. Apparently this stuff is really strong when its set. Anyway i'll check that stuff out.

Ralph came to visit, checking out the new studio. I'm starting to get into this studio visiting business. I never did get it before. People would invite me in the olden days, hey come to my studio. Or people would say, i'd like to come see your studio. And i never could figure out WTF would anybody want to come to a place full of half finished unco work & a pile of rubbish that was usually in a small peice of a sh*thole of a place. But now i get it. Maybe cos my studio is actually nice. There's a fridge and a kettle and even in the other room a sofa & lounge chair and coffee table just like a lounge room. And my space is organised into little areas with coherent uses. Maybe i've growed up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment