Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quiet yet boring

Another quiet day.. went to studio & did some math again. Comparing the maquette to reality is a bit surprising.
Then made a panther thing. This is hopefully going into some auction that will raise money for the zoo. It needs a longer back. Will check some lion pictures for tomorrow.

Then Paul popped in he's just been to Thailand. We went in search of some cafe in Earlwood that was sposed to be awesome. but ended up with self serve tea bags at the studio. However we did find a place that sells industrial cakes & they sell factory seconds cheap. Its about 12 steps from the studio unfortunately. So i will remove that memory from my brain as soon as i can. $4 for a box of brownies is just what i don't need. After the last 3 or 4 days of hard work i have lost a notch on the belt & thats good.

Then once the printmaker had evaporated from the studio, about 2pm, i unwrapped the big feller & went to work. I added a face & a collar which really brung the top part into focus nicely. Had been having endless trouble with the shoulders but once the collars on there it cuts it nice into chunks. Normally you better off not adding the clothing detail til the end, but then i been breaking lots of rules that i had before, so hey why not, as long as it does actually help i'm in there.

I been having a bit of weird things happening i got cold sweats & losing my balance. The losing balance thing i worked it out today, its cos i'm up on the table & working on this big bloke, and he wobbles. So he's right in my face, swaying slightly, & thats making me feel wobbly. Luckily i can grab his arm & he catches me. Its a great excuse to weld on a supporting strut on the bent leg, for sure. The big thing wobbling is not a great thing anyhow. In my mind the welds are rusting rusting rusting. The cold sweats are just me sweating from working hard on a warm day & then a slight breeze chills me right out. I reckon i need some of those clever moisture wicking clothes people buy to travel in. Or a fan in the first place, but a fan would dry out the clay so i can't use one.

No comments:

Post a Comment