Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dammit

Dammit i left out 2 bits of wood when i ordered my bits of wood. Bugger bugger bugger. It would have fit on the one big slab too, but except they have cut the other pieces of wood & now the offcut is in the wrong shape to fit the 2 bits i need (which are of course the longest bits & crucial).

Damn. Typical. I did expect some total fuckup.. its a very complicated bit of kit for yours truly to attempt. But here we are baulked at the gate before even getting started. Dang.

Also annoyingly i left the bit of paper with my measurements on it at the wood shop & so i don't actually have concrete proof that it was me that stuffed up, nor could triple check it last night when i felt like i needed to. But i'm pretty sure it was me & not them. Oh well. I ain't going to get another bit cut, i'll just cut it myself. Its the 2 sides, so even if the wood is a bit thicker it will look like i meant it.

2 comments:

  1. Making bookshelves is awesome fun. I think you're doing fine. When I made mine, Ben and me also got a huge sheet of MDF, and had a tops day cutting it out with a circular saw at his parent's picture framing workshop. I was pretty scared of that saw, I tell you! I kept having images of our finger getting cut up - yuck! Ben was totally in control though, though he might have bin scared too, just not showing it lol. After a bit, I but some lines too. The designing part was fun coz we had to take into account the thickness of the cutting blade. Anyway the toughest part was putting the parts together - we had to sand the bits so that everything was as close to 90° as possible. You might find the screwing and glueing a bit of a challenge coz of that, so measure twice, cut once and all that. Looking forward to pix o the finished artifact, luv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i LOVE the people who cut it up for ya, sadly the technical leap was a bridge too far for me this time. Have not given up yet I just gotta go to my old home & see if there's any wood that'll do it.. have borrowed a jigsaw & charged up my drill. Ready 4 action!

    ReplyDelete