Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Off my face day

Last nite i stayed up late working on him, doing 7 different sets of eyes, this morn i get up at 6am & straight out there & make new eyes again. Not happy. The answer is simple, u cannot have open eyes when a person is grinning broadly with their mouth open, its just a fact.

The people who were coming to view did not make it, their transport broke down. The foundry guy made it though & he actually stayed for about 2 hrs & helped me sort out some of the worst bits on the big feller. How about that. He's seen plenty of statues & he really knows what he's talking about. We worked out why the left arm looked too short, and fixed it; why the legs looked unfinished, and made them look finished; and worked out why the eyes would not work & what kind of eyes he needs. What a fantastic day's work :0)

After that i was restless so i went home to check email & depending on what arrived i would go from there. Sadly i fell asleep & awoke to find i had totally forgot my day's plans cos here was the phone ringing to wake me & it was Jen who was waiting at the studio for me. And before that i was to have met her at a show someplace & bugger me if it wasn't totally blown out of my head. I remember i did have to ask someone earlier what day it was so its possible i'm a little overtired & it all just blew outta my mind even though it was one of the 2 fantastically important things for the day. I reckon cos the viewers didn't turn up it put me right off my stride. But also too tired.

Anyway Jen helped me with the big feller too & by the end of today i felt quite happy though he is showing signs of cracking & thats a definite worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment