Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things since then

Well i'm 99% out of the studio. I got to keep paying rent for 2 weeks, so i'm not killing myself to mop the floor, but it'll get done. Since i moved out i went in to work to meet my bosses & see about comng back or not. In the end of course its my decision & i guess they are a bit exasperated that i can't make up my mind but on the other hand they don't actually care either way except that whichever way it goes there will be some more paperwork. I met the dude who has been aligning himself to take my job. Said hi & shook his hand, it was a tiny thin damp limp little hand, that disappeared inside mine in such a way that it was kinda difficult to grab anything to shake. I do have big hands i spose but not that big. Could be an alien species maybe. Have met the guy before he didn't really impress me but the guys say he's doing OK so hope that is true.

It was a stinker hot day. As i drove home alternating the air con with the low fuel light warning, noticed a little red car ahead. It seemed to have a dog in the back. No, a koala. There was a koala with ears & it was waggling its head. I finally got close enough to see it was the driver with her hair up in those stupid lookin wee things like pigtails but they stuck out on her head like koala ears. She was having an animated discussion with her passenger. I remember thinking, pulling yr hair up like that surely must have an effect on the brain. One min later she smashed up the back of another car.

I found that a combination of travel in 2 ton truck, chutzpathic welding & experimental use of polystyrene foam as a structural material have all contributed to the miserable failure of the armature in the big man. Its failed in quite a boring way & i've decided to totally start over rather than attempt to drill into him & repar. Its OK i can use the old one as a template, so to speak. So i spent today welding up a new armature. After having wasted 1 & a half weeks being unable to work for fear of making dust I have now started over. What could be stupider? Well, NOT starting over would be stupider. But they're both right up there.

Time's pretty tight eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment