Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gloomy daze

Feeling quite down today. I haven't been as down since years. I guess arguing with sis doesn't help but i guess it is just that i'm about to go back to work & nothing else seems to be working out.

Thats totally wrong BTW cos everything is falling into place but of course it won't all get finished this week before i move into what seem like a different life which is FT work again.

I guess the overwhelming feeling is that i haven't finished what i need to do & also the usual which is that i get the feeling this 10 months off was just marking time & why didn't i enjoy it at all? But you know, it were work, weren't it. It wasn't 10 months of umbrella drinks, it was 10 months of work, just not *real* work like they know it jim. And i wasn't like miserable. I was pretty content, i guess. i woke up when i wanted, worked as hard as i could, and never got time to do anything else hahaha. I went down the mall (rarely) at the times when there was least people, i got my car fixed when it broke (often) without the stress of organizing around work. Took appointments without regard for what day. Having not been at work was very very good, i just shouldn't forget that. Its not what you get done, entirely, its also what didn't get done to YOU cos you were not goin in to WORK:
10 months of not commuting in any regular fashion
10 months of not being tempted by the junk food tray in the lunch room
10 months of not sitting in the lunchroom *EVER* (bad vibe)
10 months of not using the lunchroom fridge (really bad vibe)
Or microwave (juz don't go there)
10 months of not using ITSM or Sharepoint or any other broken stupid instruments of drip torture
10 months of not having to come up with metrics about irellevant rubbish you can't remember doing, but its "countable"
10 months of not caring what chair u have in the office or who got the biggest monitor
10 months of not feelin stupid cos u dunno stuff nobody told you & is not written anywhere

Yeah fuck knows why i'd be depressed about coming back for that shit again.

Its the next day now. Due to lack of internet we can only use it in the mornings so sticking the blogshite up is not so easy.
Started off today mediocre. But ended all depressed again. I hain't been this down in years.
I tarted up the studio. I have a shelf unit there that needs 4 tiny screws to set the cross brace else it all falls over like a floppy parallelogram (is that a rhombus?)
So of course i have lost those 4 screws. in spite of remembering, in fact mentally visually seeing that i put them in my drawer, they ain't there. I probably put them in SOME drawer but having checked them all, fuck nose. Anyway i took some boxes of computer screws over there & incredibly lucky i got exactly 4 screws that actually fit & have the right thread etc. Amazing really. Should make me really happy. I was slightly satisfied/relieved but thats about as good as it gets this week. I filled the shelves with my crap off the floor & rearranged everything & much improved. Its a long skinny space, so how to make it feel vast & wonderful. I'm putting all the shelves & boxes up the far end across the back wall. Then i can put tables in the middle, hopefully to encourage the walk round work-in-the-round. I dunno if that really works but lights would really help too. Well working on it... Going to get a bar fridge as there are precedents. Its a shame i can't get my own toilet too as the ones there are very much art school student share house style. Tho they flush. What more u need? Just don't ask what more u want. i brung my piece of blue astroturf in. I was gonna use it as a wee carpet. But its so small a piece that it looks pretty stupid. I wonder if reverse garbage ever gets in any of that. Spose it goes out faster than it comes in. I'd love to do the whole floor. And walls & ceiling.

The subject of the life sized man is coming to see himself in the front yard tomorrow & me to study his head. 10am. Thank goodness i will be able to progress a bit. It could be another reason i'm depressed cos u get that when there is a severe deadline & you're just stuck.
i got some spicy fruit rolls to offer with tea cos being an older codger its probably all he's allowed to have. Boring biscuit with a tinge of almost being slightly tasty. Anyway i know he's got a lunch to go to straight after so he won't want to fill up. Its a great honour to have him visit. I dunno anything about sport really but this dude was pretty great.

I got a new place to go & mope. Its a new boat ramp they put in on foreshore drive there in botany, its only been open a week or somethink. At the moment its quite cool they are building the container terminal & there's boats out there driving pylons or whatever they do into the underwater floor & its still open water to stare across, tho when they finish you'll be metres away from a fucking massive ugly container terminal instead. Anyway now is the time to go there & watch the sun set etc & the airplanes come & go constantly as you watch. Its like watching tennis your head goes left right left right watching the planes landing & taking off on the runways that cross right across in front of ya. I took photos with my phone of the sunset but they didn't save. Nothing i've taken with that bastard phone has saved for months. I just found that out this evening. Chalk that up to it being a complete POS lemon of a phone cos thats what it is. If it belonged to me i'd set fire to it.

When i got home it was dark. Put the old mattress out on the nature strip & i lay on it hoping the garbage men would take me away too. Some big bug was buzz flickin at me at random moments. When the stupid fluffy white dog next door started barking i gave it up.

Today is Thurs. I slept in & now run about trying to clean up the place for the big visit. Its a shame i hain't improved the life sized man, but maybe i still got time for a quick coat of oxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment