Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bit of disaster

Well had a bit of a disaster this arvo. After the real dude came & went, i stood there with my coffee & decided where i was gonna cut, and then i did cut, a giant wedge out of his back. I chiselled a huge wedge shaped hole in his back alomost thru to the front. Then i carefully pasted a bit bit of hessian & plaster in such a way that i had a great big sturdy hinge across the top shoulder. I waited for that the get set & strong then i loosed up the rest of him with the mallet & chisel. I hinged him into position & wedged him by the football that he holds, on 2 milk crates & a variety of big ugly wood blocks i keep for these occasions. I pasted some plaster in the now skinnier wedge & it all looked quite ok. I let it set an appropriate amt of time, i thought, then i cut some of the hinge off & the whole fuckin thing went down like a car crash & his arms & head all bust off & there was a bunch of body parts all skittered everywhere & a loud bang as quite a significant weight was involved. So u know how when u really fuck up proper, u don't even swear. Well i didn't say a word i didn't even like breathe heavy or nothing. I guess when something like that happens u kinda been expecting it all along really. I feel strangely more professional when they fail than when they work, cos u know u been skating near the stupid zone i guess. Pusch the envelope & its you that gets folded spindled & mutilated.
Poo. More work to do now, & not much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment