Thursday, November 12, 2009

Decisions decisions

OK so now i have made my decision regarding going back to work... i told them i'd prefer part time but if there's nothing available i'll go back full time in my old job. I was so pleased to have come up with this conclusion, far more pleased than you might think from its basic simplicity n all. But what it does is put some of the responsibility onto them to find me a part time position if they don't want me back in my old job. I had been labouring under the difficulty of only wanting part time when there seems to be no job like that, it was like i could only quit altogether. But anyway since it turns out i didn't get the big commission i went for, and that was the condition i set for returning to work, well that condition is met & technically if i went with my original plan i'd be coming back anyway. So asking for part time is a new step i guess.

I got rejected from a sculpture show i was trying to get into for january. They sent a nicely worded email about how this particular work didn't fit into the vision for the show & i guess not, but still its kinda depressing. But actually in the end i do make stuff for myself cos i like making em. I just got to take a step back & remember that. Selling one just means i can afford to make more, that was always what i lived by. Sometimes u got to sell your children to afford to have more kidz eh. But then if you got a decent job you can afford to cast for no reason but cos u wanna. Could eb good to get back to work then eh.

The big man is coming along OK. Its been quite great to have the old one next to the new & very quick to make the new one. Its only been less than 2 weeks & i'm about at where the other one was, except its better :) He has already one sock, but his arse is too big, bit like mine. Its hard to keep yourself out of your art.

I destroyed the old one this morning, cut him into 2 legs, a torso with head, and 2 arms, along with some battered corpses i had lying around. We ordered a personal junk day, so there are a plethora of body parts on the nature strip awaiting collection. I got some cuts & blisters out of it but i think i'm much fitter than i was & i don't appear to have done my back in or anything. Hooray. You'd need to be fit to go back to a tedious desk job i guess. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment