Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Concentration & irritation

This morning got on with it. Finally the planets are aligned & I have my concentration. Sadly I also have a studio in a shared area & the printmakers came in after i'd been there a few hrs & was fully absorbed in my work. The more annoying one was in first, she broke in on me once for some reason (probably to say hello) and then a second time when i was fully furiously working to tell me it was ok if i turned on the cd player. Then she noticed i was wearing my ipod when i reefed out one ear to listen to WTFH she wanted. I reckon I might have a particularly cold slack vacant look on my face when i'm working & cos i'm off somewhere else & it takes quite some time to use my face again when i get waked up. Not to mention to effect on me of being suddenly violently disturbed for anything less than a friggin house fire is much like having a bucket of cold sick poured over my head & i probably have the appropriate expression for that somewhere in there as well.

And then once she'd totally stopped me in my tracks & f*cked up my thoughts she stood there looking at the half done bust i was working on. I totally can't stand it to the point of utter homicidal apocalyptic destruction when people look at my unfinished work without being asked to. Its still inside my head at that point & once someone else beholds it, particularly if its not someone i know or like, then its broken far as i'm concerned. I start looking at it critically too & it just makes me stop. Its just so lucky she didn't say nothing.

There is no judgement til its done thats how i like it. No higher brain activity allowed whatsoever. And no third entity in the picture. Just me & it & no third person's expectations & dislikes & smartass comments. After its complete i welcome every single-celled organism & upwards to come give it some, but til its done its not bloody done & its not out there.

Anyway once there were 2 of em there I decided OK i was distracted now & i packed up & left. My dream studio is one where i'm Bloody Well ALONE thanks :) Passing traffic of humans is OK & i do like company but just cos i'm in the same room doesn't mean i'm in the same headspace eh... i mean fairy nuff i do chat sometimes but surely a person can see when another person is really hard at work. I dunno maybe printmakers never get there.. (lucky no printmakers read this eh).

No comments:

Post a Comment