Friday, February 20, 2009

Sitting

The subject of the big sculpture came today. I been packin it for ages about meeting him & people have said he is 2m high & u cannot put your arms around his thigh thats how huge he is. Anyway he is about my height & a big bloke but not terrifying, & very nice. There was one bit where i said, get the thinnest bit of wrist, and they said, well there is no thin bit. But anyway. He was very patient with us & Talldave measured him all over & i drew around him onto the wall for measurement & then we got him to do the pose. We discussed how he would have walked & i didn't realise i got his leg so wrong as what i did, though its not real surprising as i only had a pic of the side view for the lower leg section, no front on stuff.
I ended up driving him to the airport cos we couldnt get a taxi for him being it was 3pm & shift change time for the whole of sydney.
The head colds come back & i was exhausted after that.
But thats excellent, cos now its all up to me. I should have met the subject a while back, would have made it easier, now i have to make some major changes, but from now on its up to me to make this thing, i've got all the info & what i don't have now i will invent based on what i have. Which is good. Next appontment is the committee coming next week to see what happening. Til then i just work.

Got home & the cats looked so bored & wishing to go out that i let them. The fat one got stuck on top of the damn shed & i spent hrs trying to get the bloody thing down. I got countless mozzie bites & spiders on me & tree stuff down my shirt. Eventually i just left the damn thing up there & it worked it out.

Guess who's not falln for the cats sad little eyes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment