Thursday, February 26, 2009

As the title

Bludged today. Shiftless sod that i am, i did SFA for the major majority of the day. My excuse , again , was i was doing my tax. i did like 5 minutes of tax in an extravaganza of monumental procrastination the likes of which haven't been seen even in my lifetime. It lasted from 9.30am til about 5pm. Then i had a nap. Then i was awaked by a phone call that crashed my phone completely. When i finally got the message it was that i had to get to the studio by 7 as had been prior arranged to weld something on someone's motorbike. So i had to haul ass then outta town or at least over to the studio... where i realised that the tiny surround of aluminium that was part of the swingarm would melt off way before i could weld the bit needed to be welded so i didn't do it anyway. Aluminium has a lower melting point than a steel bolt head & the chances of ruining the little circle were like about 100%. But you know its nice to be visited by a pair of handsome fellows with a motorbike. You do need that sometimes. Anyway then i did a few hrs of chickenwiring on the big bloke. Till my fingertips hurt quite a bit & i had a fancy new array of cuts on my arms & the cd player skipping like it took too much crazy drugs had about done my patience in. Also I went home specially to catch everybody as one of the housemates just got back from Antarctica. Of course i am here alone now & have been here an hour by myself. Young people, i dunno... they go out a lot don't they.

I had a cunning clever idea while driving about what to do if the foam body was still too big under the chickenwire. I could find out what solvent melts foam (acetone?) and fill a spray bottle with that & give it a spritz where i want less foam, and then a mallet hit on the chicken wire to cave it in & there you are. Ths job could get really too easy couldn't it... ah, no. I need about 800 more clever tricks like that i reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment