Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More thigh

Well i been working ridiculously hard lately. I think if i knew i was gonna redo the *entire* sculpture each time i did one... well i'd have to just do it wouldn't i. But it mightn't come as such a surprise each time...


Being at home alone has been good. I been able to work late as i want in the studio & not think about anything much. I don't eat much but work hard. I guess this is good, i feel good so there u go. Taking my vitamins & eating healthy stuff. The house is a tip, i have stuff everywhere, but i can find everything which is unusual. The constant rain over the past few weeks means i've worked out how & where to hang my various items of clothing so that each has the ideal drying position based on its shape & material. Jeans dry when hung upside down off a clip hanger attached to a belt tied to the top of the stairs. Very funny eh. Its all working well though.

The sculpture's been a bit of a wildly swinging pendulum, some days i dread going in there, cos its so wrong. But then i just force myself to go in there & hammer at it till i can't go on, like 8 or 10 hrs, & every evening when i can lift my head i go there from work. Somehow this effort is getting it there. Thats always the way. Put in the hours & u get there.

Tonight i got one thigh sorted. What a massive relief it is to just get one bit right. I have to admit i thought i had it right before. But you just move one thing, & then, well,. you got to move everything else to fit that, don't ya. Thats why i redo everything every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment