Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another long day

Today I made the best wrinkle. Doing wrinkles is a major bit of making a life sized dude, cos in the end you can get a lot of movement n life out of your drapery. In fact yr drapery can hide a few good sins in there n distract from other dodgy bits. Or it can also totally ruin the whole thing, if u muck it up. And it can give it more sense of reality or it can jar your viewer right out of believing anything at all if u do it absolutely rubbish. Anyway this wrinkle just totally makes the left shoulder area n brings the whole back up to a pointy wrinkle n also it points in the direction of the dude's travel kinda sweetly. With a nice little curve in it. Way coolarama. Very pleased with that wrinkle.

I was pleasantly surprised with the whole back actually, when i accidentally walked round the back (i'm a professional sculptor though, really), and saw it's come good, I reckon. With the big footy number on it - love doing the numbers. It's all getting there. The head, maybe not quite there yet, but I did make one in clay n moulded it. I popped out a facsimile today but after a bit of a look I realize the mould were not set right n his nose got shortened n one eye was like sunken, and generally twas buggered. I poured another one n hope that one worked. See tomorrow when I pop it out of the mould.

No comments:

Post a Comment