Saturday, May 22, 2010

An auction

I went to an auction today for a house. I didn't hold a whole lot of hope really, but, if everybody else forgot to come to the auction, etc. It was bad news in the paper for property, some real estate noob was saying the inner west had "died in the arse", it was dark & rainy, and i'd done all the prep for it so i was bloody well going to at least be there. I really liked the area this house was in. It had a swamp just out the back gate & you could see airplane tails moving way off in the distance over at the airport. It was way cool.

I had committed myself in my mind to staying in my irritating job for the rest of eternity to pay it off. Thats a huge step. I was ready. But there were 100 people there & it went for about 740K, a number that my wildest nightmares wouldn't provoke, yet here was reality (or what passes for it in sydney real estate). Sigh. The goon had been saying 550-590.... you don't even add 100K to that shite anymore do ya.

But you know, as every loser in creation has ever repeated ad pukeum: it was a good experience, i'm glad i tried, i learned something. Bleah.

Anyway... i bought a rocking chair up the street at a garage sale, so the trip was not entirely wasted.

I'm alone at home now for a month. I started out well, i went shopping & made a lovely big stirfry that will last two days. Healthy. Nutritious. A good start that will probably deteriorate to 2 minute noodles spiced with frozen peas by the end of week 1... but like if u don't START good then you're quitting before u begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment