Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anatomy

I just been drawing some bodies while watching the footy on telly. Pleasantly surprised to find I can draw *loads* better just cos I been studying anatomical things so hard lately. And I can see very clearly what parts I do know from what parts I don't know. Im drawing all confident some areas and fudging others and its painfully obvious which. You'd think I'd know most of it by now, but shit I've only been studying it not much more than 20 years... Giz a break, eh. Reckon I've learned and cemented a lot in the past few weeks though. You can think you done 20 years by doing the same day over and over again, can't ya. Much like riding a motorbike. You can ride for 20 years the same commute, and then crash when you go thru the Nasho. You hain't done 20 yrs, u done the same yr 20 times.

Anyway I got the back, trunk, arms, some parts of the legs. Got them so i can quickly make a drawing out of the muscles. Don't have the arse sorted yet. Arse is difficult for some reason. I think there's some complicated stuff going on there when the pelvis and the torso and the legs all get twisted about. Hmm it's another challenge innit. Those muscles that come down the sides of the stomach are intriguing. (Is it possible to be geeky about muscles???) They give the profile of the lower torso really. How do they work...

Regards the head thing, the people came to see the progress, and they liked the clay head. It's had the surface ripped off it when the rubber mould come off it, but that somehow did give it a good useful surface texture. They like it better than the detailed one that come out of the mould. I agree though. So just some quick repairs to the clay head and I'm making another mould off it.

I'm 2 days into a 4 day weekend and not much has changed.. Scary. Got to get up and get on. My intention was to finish it this weekend, though I do have next weekend too. The Monday after that, the very next day, the foundry starts moulding. It's gonna happen in my studio cos the armature is groaning and flexing and getting some cracks in the plaster. Bit of a worry but if I can just get it finished without it falling to bits.. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment