Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not happy

Not happy today. Ratty day at the office. Wasted most of the day attempting to get something done that in the end was under control - well maybe - but a loose unit who never updates any docos had as usual failed to update any docos. That sort of person makes big fail when forced to use ITSM. Or rather, causes big fail to much fucked off co-workers and it's not the first time I've wasted large amt of effort like this.
Could not wait to leave work, got to studio at 4.02pm.

Unfortunately I think my big weekend took a toll and then the shitty day at work just finished me off. Went home a couple hrs later thinking the sculpture is absolute rubbish and unrecoverable. Woe.

Not happy :(

Have been looking at old photos, and I think it's been over-worked now. It's too smooth and too finished. Each body part has become separated, it's not one sculpture anymore, it's a bunch of body parts tied together. As well the anatomy and wrinkles have become too rounded and pretty when it should be notated, squared and precise but look messy like handwriting. Or something. They like em a bit smooth you know, but this is where I call artistic interpretation and whip it off to the foundry when nobody's looking.

It's gonna be hard to cut it back, I'm gonna need power tools. Much dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment