Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby comes back

I just bought one of my own sculptures at an art auction. It came up cos the guy who bought it died & all his stuff went to auction. Kinda sad, he died about the same time he bought my little sculpture. I ended up paying the same as i got paid for it, so less the gallery cut it was about half price. The price feels right & i was surprised how happy i was to get him back in my hands again. Felt like getting a child back after he been missing. He nestled in my arm like a cool hard puppy & i was very happy to see him again. Owning something is a strange feeling. When i make them i don't own them, really, they just are. But now i bought one, i own it. Feels good. The patina has aged nicely the purplish layer of bootpolish on top has faded away (maybe it was rubbed away by dusting in its previous place?) & the green under it has aged to a fine colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment