Thursday, September 24, 2009

In the bad books

I'm told i ain't pulling my weight at home. This is typical of my family in that they may be right, morally, *perhaps*, but they pick a moment when i'm working 12 hr days toward a hideous deadline & i have only 3 days to go i've been getting 5 hrs sleep a night & i'm on the ragged edge of insanity & then they tell me i'm in th shit cos i didn't clean the bathroom today & thursday is household cleaning day & its my turn to do the dishes cos i didn't do em lately, probably cos i wasn't here, i was working. And what am i gonna do about it.

I guess that i'm sposed to not work every day til i need a hospital bed, rather i should leave a tad early while i still feel fresh so i can do household chores in the evening. this does sound very civilized & all. If you care about household chores. But who ever did great art by stopping before they got tired, FFS? I'm not even arguing, i'm not gonna state my case, cos nobody wants to hear it, they all know they're right, and they are, but only in their own way. This is the reason why they say women can't make great art, its cos they tend to squander time & energy on caring about household freakin chores. Not even the doing of em, but the caring about em. i'm just avoiding everybody now, my default technique for dealing with conflict. I know they're right, but so am i!

Some other ppl in the house needs to get a j*o*b & not hang about so much counting how many sets of dishes weren't washed by me.

The answer to some o this of course is to do stuff Early in the Day. Walla. V simple. Sadly for other people this means instead of tippy toeing about in order not to waken peacefully slumbering ppl before i go to work, i will be wakin em, but hey i reckon in the end thats just Tough with a capital Titty. Its the only way i'm gonna get them chores done cos after work forget it.

Oh yeah i'm really here to talk about sculpture. Much more interesting. Today i did one, a maquette. I was quite happy with it & i'd got a big tub of rubber mould material & so i covered it up. Noice. If smelly. That collection of related tasks took me from 9.30am to 7pm & i was pretty well ruined by the end of that time. Don't sound like much of a day really when i look back on it but with 10 mins for lunch that was it.

Do it again tomorra. FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment