Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Panic stations

Since the sofa left, a lot of stuff's got done in the studio. (that is very ungrammatic but can't work out why). I made an armature for a 1m long maquette, dismantled a coffee table i had there into a large piece of table top & using big chunks of foam I set that on top of the magical shopping trolley in such a way as the table top is totally flat, just like earth (i know this cos i put my cup of coffee "level" tool on it & it is very level). It all went very easily & fast & i was so pleased that i took yesterday off to find my tax papers & clean my bedroom.

Early in the day I got an email that my proposal had never arrived & did i actually want to enter one - thankyou Australia Post, did you read my blog & decide to make me pay, i doubt it. Anyway I explained i had sent it & yes i did want to be considered & they rang to say i have an appointment in Canberra to do a presentation NEXT MONDAY even tho they haven't seen my paper yet so hell knows.

That lack of postage is extremely disappointing & just about what i expected. Really if you base your hopes & dreams on AP & leave it til the last moment based on their service agreement, well u deserve to lose the lot. If you want something done, do it yerbloodyself. Or send the freakin thing by courier - one of those american ones who actually deliver sh*t.

Next monday tho is a lot more sudden than i was expecting & i really need to get some good sketches & maquettes done & a 1m long one is never gonna get finished in 5 days. So unfortunately i'll be making little ones which aren't as exciting as big one would be, nor allow me to actually work out the full catastrophe cos i still dunno what figures will go where. Not good really. Not good at all. And i've agreed to go to the gym today with my sister & i got 2 hrs to wait for her to wake up so we can go at 9 & i'm just panicking here quietly. Hey maybe i can do a sketch!! OK over n out.

No comments:

Post a Comment