Saturday, September 26, 2009

On it goes

My TB cough from the dust storms is getting quite impressive. Just coughing up a lung now, Ok back to it.

Yes, today was spent pulling the mould apart, cleaning them up, and putting them together & filling them with plaster. If they were slightly better moulds this might not take an entire day. I actually have to assemble the plaster mother mould mostly first by plastering the bits together before i can lay the rubber inside it. Cos the rubber is so floppy & rubbish with ripped holes etc. Horrific. In fact a mate from the foundry popped in & saw them & said, gee if u had called me i could have come give u a hand. I said nonono - paper-thin rubber moulds is usual for me.... i was jokin tho. Ahem. Yes. Not great. But anyway i got the bastards together & fulled em. I pulled one out, and it was good. The thing is they get so damaged you probably can't use them more than once or twice, with great deterioration each time. But you know, if i could tell hey this one would make a great edition of 50... but usually i don't really want many of em. This time i just need 1 of ea for the presentation monday.

Ben came by with a black dog, fed me lunch & then left with a grey dog. Its a bit dusty in the studio. The owner is away so i'm plastering like mad & making a huge mess. Like a real studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment