Monday, May 4, 2009

Next one...

OK have started the next big one. This one is just life sized so its gonna be a doddle, even though i only got 4 weeks. The foundry loaned me a nice man to help weld up the armature last week. They are a bit slow on the work front so they have spare people. Its was great we got the main armature welded right up in half a day. We used the wheely bit from the previous one, its bigger than usual but its nice and strong & let's face it i always err on the side of flimsy gossamer butterfly wing type steel & paper origami style welding when i make those wheely bases. So this will be a nice change, it should be quite strong cos its overengineered. Or maybe its justrightengineered. We shall see.

That was Friday. Then i spent the weekend doing prep work & procrastinating & today being Monday i hit it hard with the clay. I put on about 10 bags today which would be over 100 kgs of clay. Sounds like a lot eh, well let me tell u, it is.

Have been taking my bung knee for a walk every evening. I think i'm gonna break out the wii balance board & get my balance back. Not really able to walk normally cos of it being a month without straightening me leg. Some strange muscles have been tortured to get me about til now & i'm a bit bent outta shape. I reckon the wii fit will be a great help, like physio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment