Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Working for show

Since finishing that big bloke, I been feeling quite happy with myself and that. Nothing like finishing 3 years of slog. Now I'm working on work for my show in 2 months. It's kind of close really. But the past few days I've got back into the swing and some nice ideas are coming out. Decided to run with whatever came, and started with the concept of angels, cos having done one angel it was well received and I thought well there u are I can use that as a theme, angels, and devils too maybe. Cos thats as good a theme as any and being a bit mythological u can take it places. But it seems like the old subconscious is changing the devils into managers, blokes in suits. It's "make what u know", thats the old saying. at work there's lots of managers and blokes in suits, and they kinda run the gamut of evil right the way to nice. So u can have blokes in suits with all layers of moral ambiguity and like in real life u can sometimes not know where u stand with em at all, or what theyre thinking, and they can have weird motivations that make no sense. And some of em, well they don't know where they stand either. Lol. And then u got some who even worry about it, I was talking to one yesterday who I get the feeling is a bit sad and feeling maybe a bit shunned. I never talk to him usually but not cos I don't want to, more cos he always looks very serious and very busy. We used to talk before. But hell u know, he's a manager.. it's beyond my ken what managers do, and I don't think it's my place to try to pull one outta his shell. I don't know. So anyway there's a very fertile theme there eh.
It's got no relation to anything I done before, really, feels kinda fresh. Hopefully it'll stay inspiring. Think it's mostly coming from real people and real impressions from work, so that's a good way to keep it feeling fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment