Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New week

Well it's Wednesday and the foundry guys have taken their impression and left. Last night I went to the studio and lo n behold the place was empty of big mess. I realized my studio is big when there's nothing in it. Perhaps I don't need to move. However that is an illusion as studios don't work with nothing in them, do they. The more in them the better, and all of it moving.

Feel much happier since last night. Maybe my depression last week was cos someone was using my studio n encroaching on my personal space... It's silly enough to be true. Not that I mind the foundry guys they are lovely people. But yeah I do have a thing with my personal studio space I think... Does it matter, nah probly not. I'll make a note tho :)

Another cool thing.. Have more time than I thought to get stuff cast. So that too make me happier. I thought it needed 8 weeks in the foundry but if they get it in wax ready to go it's 4. Or 2 if you catch the right part of the casting cycle. Awesome. Already did some angel like sculptures last night. It's a start anyway. Angels seem to be some kind of trend at the moment but I'm gonna do it anyway, cos wings are cool. There will always be the problem that anatomically speaking wings AND arms on one creature is just total BS, but there's the challenge, to make it seem like it works.

Have been offered a half time position at work and I think I have to jump at it. My health sucks sitting in front of pc all day and if nothing else thats plenty good reason to do it. Anyway that's still a secret because the big boss is away on hols so nothings gonna happen for a week as far as informing anybody goes. 6 month secondment first so see how I cope with much less income... And a more expensive studio lol. Timing.

Bit of a shame tho as I'm getting rather good at my job now. I can just stroll out and create a new computer lab solo now and not even bother anybody except with maybe double checking I've created every idiotic group and group policy in active directory as the overriding trait with MS AD n SCCM n every other stupid MS server product is that there's 1000 seemingly unconnected irrelevancies u need to adjust to get anything to work. And make sure the policies are reversed , but reversed correctly, not that u can actually tell by looking, mind you, but reversed so they work in the right order. FFS it's like they did that shit deliberately. I won't miss that, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment