Sunday, May 9, 2010

An inch or 3 off all over

Hm righto so i got started early today. Its sunday, a traditional very quiet day at the studios. I dunno why.. you'd think people would "art" on the weekend a lot more than they seem to do. Anyway its usually dead quiet there on a sundy & i park my bike behind a suddenly rhomboid set of drawers. I guess something happened to em last night during the BBQ party cos i'm pretty sure they were straight square yesterday. No idea why there is a set of drawers in the driveway but its one of many things i don't understand there & like all tedious mysteries, a little goes a long way & after a while u only see them when they change shape.

I had printed up a ton of photos of my subject in his prime & blutacked them up. Yes i HAD looked at em earlier, but since then i'd been studying the photos i took of him when i met him a few weeks ago. I was kinda dismayed to see that he had been hella skinny in his playing days, not so much the muscular hunk i was making, sadly. Bloody hell thats annoying. I had met the guy, and he seemed very fit & gorgeous. Now i find out he was fitter and much skinnier (tho still gorgeous).

Oh dear it'll be an inch or 3 off all over now, i guess. Oy... :(

Mum sez, i should never meet them til i finish. Feel she is right. There must be a great advantage to seeing them, but so far its not really been the case with the sculptures... that its not done much more than confuse me. Not what i'd expect. I guess what i'm making is someone from history not reality. So seeing the reality is gonna be like red herring.

Enjoyed my ride home. Bike is lovely. So high up.. its quite a surprise when i can hardly reach the ground at the stop lights. But when i'm sailing along all high up its almost like flying. And then standing up is cool too. Likely to fall on my nose doing that but its great fun.

Then when i got home i need to do the shopping. I drove my car out & it was rammed home instantly how dreadful that car is. There's nothing like 2 days riding on good suspension to make u realise that the characteristic entertaining wibble your car does is actually worn out shocks with flat tyres wallowing under the hideous dead weight of a huge rusted steel shell and its totally rooted & yer lucky yr wheels don't fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment