Thursday, May 20, 2010

A visit from the studio cat

We have a studio cat that lives about the studios. I almost never see her but this evening she came & visited me. She hadn't been in my studio before, so she travelled all around & under everything & negotiated the chicken wire trap & even tried to go under the tarp taped on the floor. She regarded the large man sculpture with great caution & in a very different way to anything else. I think she thought it was a very weird very still person. When she passed by under its gaze she scuttled low on the ground. Didn't stop her though she soon worked out it was not moving. She's still kitten like & played with my tape measure & bounced her paws off the metal rod i was using to make a new arm for the big dude. I cut off his left arm cos it was wrong & it wasn't moving. No matter how much i hurt myself trying to bend that arm, it weren't going anyplace. There's another person coming for a viewing tomorrow, but i'd rather it had no arm than a bad arm, i think thats better really. I adjusted its eyes too. Thats kinda important.

I'm pretty well realising my new surform is a load of shite. What a shame. I took one back already cos a piece broke off it in 3 strokes. Now this second one has only about half as many teeth that are sharp as what its meant to have. Its just about uncontrollable. U dunno what you gonna get when u run that over something. It'll either do nothing, or gouge a stonking great rip in it, and anything in between based on what bit is in contact, its all different all over the place in either the x or y axis if u get my drift.

F*** it - whatever happened to quality control? I got the EXACT same one 2 years ago & its still working, if slightly blunter. I only got this one cos i wanted to have a spare. Was that hubris? Was i asking too much of the universe? I need to find someone who sells the Stanley version & not this shitty brand - which i would mention the name of in order to blacken its rep, but i've forgotten it. They're yellow n black, anyway.

Hmm i just re-read that & it seems a little heated for a simple tool review. But its a really important tool ok!!! And you know i don't have a life. The camera man asked me yesterday how did i do a FT job & the sculpture & i said i just don't have a life. None, nothing at all. So a SURFORM is really important, man, ok! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment