Monday, October 19, 2009

Foam

Well its bin a while haven't had much to whinge about so i haven't blogged. My foot suddenly got better on the day i went to get a blood test over it, but yeah hey i did have gout & how funny is that. Anyway the Dr said stop eating so much oranges. Damn i thought i had a really good healthy food there but hell.

I picked up a book by Haruki Murikami which is about running. He wrote a memoir about his marathon running. But really its also about the work-health balance you need to work at if u are a writer who sits at a desk all day. I guess everybody in IT can relate. Anyway one thing he said about doing a creative thing is u should stop when you feel you could still go on. That makes the next day's start very easy indeed. I been using that bit of advice & its great. I'm taking this new life sized man quite easy. I have a few things that been causing distraction but i'm just being relaxed about it. And it seems to be working!

Some new technical breakthru's are helping with enabling a feeling of progress. Firstly i have a murder of Plaster Bandages, Foam & wooden Skewers. I'm building this dude up using foam blocks skewered together & sometimes glued with liquid nails, and then i might wrap the foam limb or whatever in plaster bandages. I'm hoping this will be strong as 1 leg has no armature in it. So actually i may find my tub of resin & Fibreglass that leg to a bit of metal rod before get too far into it cos it sucks when a leg falls off. The skewers are a lifesaver - even when u wrap the plaster bandages u can poke in a skewer to hold one end. Awesomely handy. Anything that saves you from coming back from lunch to find your bandages have all drooped off & set spazmo is worth HEAPS.

My car is making a noise that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It does this every time i drive, the noise & the hairs. The noise is speed related, and getting worse. Its got so i know which hairs (either side of back of neck up to & around the ears) & the fact more on the left side of my head stand up. i'm wondering if its cos i hear more with that ear cos the open space of the car interior is on that side & maybe theres an echo. But regardless i really need to trade the heap in on something & for a while there i was convinced i could get a twin cab ute & how this would be awesome. Since I could then carry my life sized man to the foundry thus saving up to 2K for e.g. when they come to my studio to mould. i was fully into buying a Hilux & even went to see some. Then as i drove there i saw a place.. rent a ute. Der. I could spend 50 bucks renting a stupid ute i don't have to own one. And in fact a trailer would do if i had a tow ball. So now i'm back at square one I don't have the faintest clue what kind of car i need. I guess its got to be big & able to carry stuff in it. And maybe a tow ball. Thats about it... And it should be a toyota cos i heard they are very reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment