Sunday, October 25, 2009

Buggery

Today been Sunday, its been a bit of an up & down day. I started well, i decided to use this mofo grinding wheel i got some time ago. Its so rough it looks like a glued together gravel road on a disk. Its got bastard big chunks of sharp jagged rocks embedded in it. I've never used it yet cos it doesn't *quite* fit under the blade guard. But, caught short today without a new flap wheel for the grinder & the worn one taking hrs to do much at all, i decided to give it a run. I decided i'd see if it could cut itself a groove in the blade guard or if it'd seize in there. It was very close, it only caught in one area, it might be ok... and it was. Its just threw a few little sparks as it bedded in & off we went, wow what a blade. It was cutting in 3 seconds what would take 15 miutes with the old flapwheel. Mad. It was so good it gave me heart palpitations. This thing would gouge so much flesh outta u if u gave it the chance it was like working with a light sabre. But yeah gave it plenty of respect & it was good :) I was real pleased.

Then one of the gals turned up who shares the studio. She was appalled by the dust on everything in her area. She had hrs of dusting to do & she had a lot of things to dust. I had pushed the big man outside & turned the industrial fan fully on pointing to the outside to blow dust outwards, but there are some weird air currents in the place i guess she copped it. I'd been checking the printmakers' desks for dustage & they were orright, but i hadn't gone round the corner there....

Bugger. This is very bad news. It would not surprise me if the rest of the ppl there were similarly unhappy about my dust, even tho they didn't cop quite as much. How come this hain't been a problem yet u may ask, since i had originally thought it would be a dealbreaker when i first moved in, & nobody cared so far? Well its cos i always used clay so far. Hardly any dust associated with clay. But now i'm back to plaster its gonna be a bit of an issue. I'll probably have to move out. I don't want to stop using plaster, u see, i like it a lot. Its a sculpting staple anyway. You gonna use it sometime. I wonder if i actually 'flicked' some over the top of the partition by accident... damn i can't avoid it then can i.

I feel very worrying about this. But yet, if it means i have to leave its kinda OK cos i'm about to have some time out re the sculpture anyway & was wonderin if i should move out & save myself the 440 a month. But its also my oasis. I'd be in big big trouble if i was home all the time. Perhaps Fate is gonna push me out. This train of thought shows i prolly have no deep attachment to anything, cos i like the studio & i'm gonna be sad to leave, but i'll still just walk way. I wonder if my love life works similar. Suspect it does. Fatalism. Anyway back to the matter at hand:

First, i'll try to make some curtains for the back entrance & work outside using curtains. Its pretty well f'ed idea though & probably won't work. That dust has proved pretty persistent eh. I do need to complete this sculpture though, there's no muckin round there. I guess i will be unpopular for a bit. Then i'll just PO.

Making me real down this evening too for some reason i'm in the shit at home as well. i must fully have aspbergers or summink cos for the life of me i cannot understand why i get the nagging at the END of the evening when its too late for me to do anything. Like its not logical is it. Anyway i can see i need to have a place to go. It would not do to not have some form of studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment