Monday, January 11, 2010

Still intrigued

I'm still intrigued by Henry Moore & his pebbles. I feel cheated somehow, that none of the pebbles i've ever found look anything like the extraordinary little hollowed out blobular sculptures he used to find all over the beach when he went to the sea side every year. I was just reading that he used to see & be excited by different shapes every year, like he'd get obsessed with one type of shape. But if he sat down with a pile of em he would see new things there that he liked. Well, der. I mean is the ability to put into words the bleedin obvious a sign of genius? Perhaps it is.
I'm not bagging him... i can see from that how its sposed to be, you know. Simple truths are the real ones, usually. And whats more simple than making things/being a sculptor. It should be a fantastically less difficult thing than i'm making it into, thats for sure. ;)
New years resolution #2: make it easier.

I wonder what beach had those pebbles?

No comments:

Post a Comment