Sunday, January 3, 2010

Break'n

So having a wee break. A day of being sick is about all i give myself. I think i've become some kinda weird workaholic type. I don't think i *want* to be a workaholic it is just thrust upon me, since i'm still sure my natural state is to bludge like anything. But maybe it can creep up on ya like a disease.

I spent last couple of days working on this dude's head & it is slowly getting there. Shwaya shwaya as the egyptians say, slowly slowly. It will come. Hopefully. I fobbed off the commissioners an extra week & so i reckon i get one more weekend & then what i have is what u get. The head is looking loads better. I had to let go of some parts & imagine others. It now has a youthful determined look. I have to take 50 years off the real dude but i do take his point that he couldn't quite see himself in there yet. Think i have improved it plenty since but. I think his is the most difficult head i ever seen. Deceptively simple as they say in the real estate ads. Anyway I give it til saturday to invite him back. That gives me wiggle room with my flu. Today was a write off for example. Tomorrow, sadly, terribly, is back to work. Luckily i'm pretty sick i might have a sickie since i doubt i will be productive & i certainly can't walk half an hour distance to press a button in a lab which is part of my duties at the moment.

It does kinda stump me how this likeness stuff gets *harder* with practice. I sure hope in the end it all adds up to some skill set or something. Can't see it now but. One point can be stressed is its easier to do dead guys. LOL. They don't care as much :)

Saw Avatar in 3d friday night. That was cos i couldn't face the fact i done nothing but work all the hols. Gee what a great treat it was. I love this digital projector stuff too - the first time in history that projected movies are in FOCUS! Hooray & bring out the champers.

Been a couple sad things happen in the sculpturin world lately but both of em too new to talk about. Sober u up though. Gird them loins for one & RIP the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment