Friday, August 7, 2009

Working day

Spent a day at the foundry working on mystery guy. With the top outstretched arm with large object attached welded to his stump he suddenly was extremely tall & a pain to tip over & work on him longways. Walking around him is a long way. There's a fair bit o pain in it all anyways as i removed 3 fingerprints on the cheese grater wot is his inner thigh when i tried to shift him around & my hand slipped. Ough i said. He was silent as u would expect, tho he thought it an apt payback for me calling him those names.

Did a lot of fine work with a cutting blade on a 5" grinder, 1.something mm blades... it gives step 1 of a multi step procedure to end up with the same texture as what he had originally. 1.something is OK ... but I *know* i got 1.0 mm blades at the studio so once i realised that i realised i *needed* them & i would not be happy to go on without them & i will have to go back for another big day Monday with my blades to tangle with the big guy again & this time he's gonna get a big can o' whup ass.

The foundry is nice & quiet on a friday. I soon fixed that but, with my grinding & hammering. It is good to be jolted back into the real world with a hard physical day like that. If only i could run with it. Sadly my next 2 days are sitting about at lunches with family friends. So who wouldn't want to blow a weekend doing that? well anybody whose got anything better to do, thats who... even me.

Picked up 2 little casts they did for me on the side. Perfect casts & impeccably finished & they had flattened the bases & even drilled threaded holes up the legs on both to be used for mounting them to bases. They have never done that for me before... i never even knew they did it. i think there must be a real bit of quiet time round the place at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment