Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bit of a Rest

Well yesty was not too bad. I did my speech & unveiled the big feller & people liked it okay. I reckon i'm getting better at this lark they look more like statues now. On the other hand maybe that not so good ha ha. Complete denial worked again for the speech, my knees were shakin cos of my flu not so much cos of nerves & i just buggered the end a bit but people said it was Ok. but they always say that ;)

Researching how to do enlarging in a mechanical way so blocking them out large scale is a bit faster & simpler. If i could do an ideal maquette & enlarge it & then just do the finishing that would save acres of time & energy. I don't think its cheating, u still got to end up with something good, either way. Nobody cares how u get there, and in fact its how they did it in the old days & they did some good stuff then eh.

Looking in the papers ths morn & missing dad cos he used to be right there flippin thru the papers, complaining when they didn't name the sculptor, insisting on spare copies of everything. Who's gonna keep the clippings now eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment