Sunday, July 12, 2009

Landscape changed

The house has become an unfamiliar landscape where nobody is in their right room or their correct bed. Dad is in my single bed in the dining room. Mum is in the lounge on the floor. I'm in their bed in their room (with a tv! which is an upside), bro is in sis' room on guest bed & sis is in my double bed in bro's room. How simple is that.

I'm sorting out my old bedroom to somehow turn it into a sitting room, as there's no bed in it anymore so we could use it as another living space maybe. Someplace for me to do my tax, anyway, and maybe some painting. A lot of stuff is in storage but yet everybody is still at me to put *more* stuff in storage. Sigh. Never happy with half finished jobs, some people, bugger it.

Sculpting wise well not much happening. i have an overwhelming idea for a theme that will come out when i get time maybe. I spoke about that in the last blog entry i think but anyway still leaning that way. I have a book called Wasteland that i try to read sometimes, its a bunch of short stories about the Apocalypse. I dunno why they are such depressing stories though. Since when was the end of the world so relentlessly a bad thing? Science fiction used to be about twist endings, sudden reversals, new ideas. Well, wouldn't be surprised if the committee that put this book together didn't actually think much about it. Youth of today- shonky job at bloody everything they do...

No comments:

Post a Comment