Friday, July 3, 2009

Back in reality againe

Survived the speechifying, and the subject really liked the sculpture. I tell you what, doing live people sculptures is a very nerve wracking business. It don't matter if other people like it plenty, there's really only 1 person u really care about liking it.

Have had a week of being home mostly, my sister arrived from OS & we're all working to make dad comfortable. We got oxygen in the house now so its full alert for smokers etc & learning curves all over the place. I get funny looks from buying tons of morphine down the chemists about every 2nd day but i dunno what u sposed to look like when u buy that stuff anyway. I got some storage & emptying the house into that so there's room for wheelchairs & oxygen machines & other furniture & my sister & my bro too when he arrives. Phew. I'm working on the basis of moving mainly *my* shit out & resettling everything else. I got a lot of books & a heaving ocean of clothes that make me feel like the Imelda Marcos of clothes cos i won't part with em even tho i don't even know where i got em, or when i'll ever wear em, and they don't even bloody fit me. And i got a lot of weird things, but some of em i can't part with even to storage anyways. There's so many books i *intend* to read, i got to keep them at home. To save about a billion dollars (how can 1 cardboard box cost $5 at the storage place?) i'm pinching old boxes from the boozatorium in Mato.. they are very small boxes.. but with books thats enough.

Sculpturally speakin i got some awesome tools... i had to finish a wax for the life sized man, & forced to go buy a particular tool that made a particular mark. Tiranti "C" was the one i needed. They only sell them in a bag of 6 different ones for vast amt of bux, tho. Anyway i bit the bullet & got em - and guess what - they are so great. Wish i'd done it 10 yrs ago, tho 10 yrs ago that amt of money was probly a whole dole cheque. The excitement of a new type of tool is intoxicating & need to use them on everything. Anyway- half way thru a very cute little bloke in wax now using the smallest tool. Need to get back to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment