Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Attempt a shift

I dunno how other families do these things but we are doing ok i reckon. We've kept dad out of the hospice & hope we can keep him. He wouldn't get better care in there anyway & he gets it faster with 4 people waiting on him. This is the first night we done shifts, sitting in the kitchen minding him. I got the midnite to 3am. This seat is arse & my back hurts & i don't move cos it creaks. but i got the wifi working & with the laptop on my knee i'm downloading missile silo plans & line drawings of machinery. I fancy doing a full exhibition of sculptures based on the cold war. That would sure be a challenge. Its probably not gonna happen, its just my current ploy to keep my mind off things. i kinda feel guilty to have something else to try to think about, but got to have something to think about besides the usual cos this situation is, like they sez in the papers, untenable. The oxygen machine is going like the clappers with slight change of tone sometimes, which seems to be when a breath is taken, but i found out later its not. It makes a helluva noise really. Its even audible over the noisy fridge kicking in right next to me. Its in the other room going like you'd expect a small air compressor to go, like a fast little motor poppin away.

People are moving around the house now at 2.45am. We're going to attempt a roll over or at least a small shift.

That went reasonable-good. dad a bit stroppy to be woken at 3am just to be irritated, but we did what we needed. Its good he is stroppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment