Friday, April 17, 2009

Back from Tasmania

Well i been back for a day now, been for x-rays for the knee from when i fell in a hole near Queenstown, been hacking up a lung (left) from my tasmanian respiritry infection, and generally doing what is pretty normal after a holiday.

Yes i could have guessed that just sitting on my ass at home for 2 weeks would have been cheaper & easier & have less negative effect on my life & general progress, but there you are, don't ya just have to take the chance?

I'm gonna present the last couple weeks in a series of subject headings, cos looking back thats the way it fits together. So read on... when i get writing...

In the meantime i went to see the big feller in wax today at the foundry. I had to OK the wax before they started putting the shell on there for casting. i'd been worried about his face cos it'd been the last bit i did & it'd been still a bit soft when they moulded it. But i was real pleased. He was lookin good the mould had been a good un. He is gonna be one big mother or what. I stayed there & made a wee thylacene & left it there to be cast. They let me chuck in a few freebies with each big fella, as well they should. They're happy to have the work now as business is a bit slow, what with the economy & all. I better stop typin & get on & make some waxes actually. I need to make a model for the next life sizer & it'd be great if i got some small things thru the foundry cos i been gettin nibbles thru the website. Though they usually spit it out once they find out a price. Bronze casts are exxy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment