Saturday, October 30, 2010

Post op

It's been a week and 2 days since they sliced my eyeball and slid in a new lens. I wasn't too crash hot happy about it for the past week but it's finally starting to settle a bit. I think. Firstly it was like xtra vivid, like big bright lollyworld, with a purple cast to everything. Like blacks were blue sometimes and I could see a vast difference between the new eye n the old one. It was sharp in the middle sorta, tho too bright to look for long, and blurry round the edges like a vignette which meant I still couldn't cross roads too safe lol. Also it felt rough cos i had a black eye and it wasnt too comfy there. The black eye was from the needle they stuck under the eye to knock out the nerves in back of the eyeball. That sorta worked but then it started to wear off before the end of the op and it hurt a bit when they slid in the lens and twisted it about, but by then it's like yeah , whatever , you're still cutting into my eyeball , sure thing. Old hat it was. I guess I was sedated.

Once the new eye started to be ok to look thru, my brain rapidly decided to jump ship on the old eye and ran over to the left eye n settle there cos it's now sharper than my 'good' old eye. That's loyalty for ya innit. But then that meant my right eye was not bothering to focus anymore which sucked cos I ended up closing that one instead of closing the operated one and that confused the beejezuz out of me and everybody who usually talks to me. I'm hoping my brain will sort it's shit out soon and I'll get to use both eyes. Today they're not too bad actually I have hope. Still got 2 weeks off work to go so in 2 weeks I hope things have got sorted.

Been sleeping heaps for the past week mainly cos my eyes hurt I spose but also just getting over work. Miss my studio. Apparently I'm ok to drive now but don't feel quite like doing it yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll go over to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment