Friday, December 11, 2009

Cracking up & along

One of my workmates cracked & started yelling & stormed out this arvo. Just a bit too much micromanagement. She's bloodywell gonna use Gmail for calendar from now on instead cos she can never get the colours right enough for the team calendar. She uses Entourage apparently this gives a colour difference with Outlook. I guess mac uses Pantone colours or summink.

I've been brought close to it myself a few times recently. I particularly don't like the veiled sarcasm that pretends to answer a question that you start to think (after a long long time of listening to this rambling simmering anger BS answer) that maybe you shouldn't have asked, thats a fave, and if it happens again i'm gonna use that cool rejoinder that Sharon was telling me about: "i don't like the tone of your voice", & that should go down perfect.

And there's the whats going on i need to know/why don't you tell the person who needs to know type of catch 22 experience.

But i think you have to try to be patient & try to do your best for the team & not tell your boss to F'off, cos *maybe* there is some point to the annoying tasks. And how to refuse to jump up at the beck n call, without seeming just to be lazy? Whatever faint shadow of whimsy crosses the bossmind i get the bloody job. Get some cables we might need some sometime in the future. Fuck. The cables are 5 steps from our room. Sadly its up to me to curb this idiocy, cos i allow the power, that goes to boss' head. I have to stop doing what i'm told.

For a week or so i've had this occasional intense pain in the back of my neck at the left. Its like being stabbed. I realised that when i was seated at my desk this area of my neck was pointed at the exact spot at which my boss sits. I have other horrible symptoms as well. Got an earache that goes right down inside my neck, that ones on the right, keeps me awake at night. I feel pretty rotten generally & i'm getting flashbacks of bad things that depress me. I always get weird symptoms when i'm in some situation i shouldn't be in. Its funny, my body just starts yelling at me. This must be "body language".

On a positive side we had some nice xmas work things lately. The IT xmas party which was not a bloody orgy of back & front stabbing & fisticuffs that i expected, it was quite pleasant. Probably cos most ppl who care enough to ruckus have been purged already. And the VC's do, which was absolutely awesome, in the quad at sunset. I'm sure we won't do anything in our team itself, but to be quite frank, who cares. ....... And thats why we won't, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment